Mile Marker #48 on your Roadmap to Success
“If you give thanks for five gifts every day, in two months you will not look at your life in the same way as you might now. Gratitude can lead you, as it did me, away from the darkness of complicated need into the Light of Simple Abundance.” From Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude, by Sarah Ban Breathnach
List five things for which you are truly grateful.
I did this for two years. It changed my life. I realized I was most thankful for the small things. I sometimes forgot to write my five things, so I would catch up on those days I remembered. I found myself thinking about what I was thankful for at various times in the day in anticipation of writing them in my journal.
They were not profound, those things I wrote. However, the change in me was profound. I have chosen a day at random to share with you. On Thursday, May 8, I wrote:
I am thankful for:
A great run/walk
For the ability to shut up
For the guy at the nursery and his landscape ideas
For the ability to read
Try it this next year, but start today.
- What are you grateful for?
- What is your biggest asset?
- Who are your friends that really support you?
- How do you let your customers know you appreciate their business?
- How do you let your boss know that you appreciate this job?
- If you could change one thing, what would it be?
- Even though you want to change that one thing, what is good about this just the way it is?